AOP Agriform project
The agricultural and food production sector is playing an increasingly important role in European politics. As well as representing one of the pillars of the community’s economy, it may also be capable of absorbing new labor – young people – and new investments – in innovation, research and development – in order to become more competitive and to satisfy the ever more sophisticated and complex demands of consumers.
Understanding this need for change
Agriculture, in fact, has to progress and advance not only in terms of the final characteristics of its products, but also with regard to its production processes in order to provide safe, high quality produce while also taking into account other factors of fundamental importance such as the environment and good animal husbandry. Understanding this need for change, integrating concepts aimed at greater ethnicity, sustainability and modernity in agriculture may render the entire sector more competitive and remunerative and therefore capable of attracting new blood and new ideas in a virtuous circle that benefits not only those working in the sector but also, and above all, consumers. This value and these guarantees have been summarized and transmitted through the use of PDO,PGI and TGS quality labelling with graphics and contents shared by all members of the European Union and assigned to high quality agricultural and food products. If they are to perform their role in distinguishing specific products, information relating to European quality marks needs to be transmitted correctly to consumers. This Programme of Promotion and Information has been established by AOP Agriform within this context.
About AOP Agriform
AOP Agriform is an Association of producer organisations that partners with some of the most important dairy cooperatives of the North-Eastern part of Italy. Its mission is to promote the cheeses made using milk from the territory of origin and collected by thousands of member farmers.
The programme will have a duration of three years – from 2020 to 2021 – and will be undertaken in the following countries: USA, Canada and Mexico.
The cheeses featured in the program are:
- To reinforce the competitiveness of European agriculture on the markets in question through the use of widely known and appreciated showcase products that will permit the presentation of more precise information and knowledge.
- To spread knowledge of the European quality systems: recognisability of the community quality logos (graphic image) and their meaning, function and implications in terms of quality, authenticity and food safety through the practical example of the excellence of the showcase products.
- To stimulate and increase appreciation of the programme’s showcase products and all high quality European agricultural and food products.
- To help to counter the increasingly widespread phenomena of food production piracy, permitting consumers to make more informed and educated choices.
- To contribute to the development of new markets.
The AOP Agriform Programme will be developed through a series of events and initiative including public relations events, fair trades, publications in the print media, on the Internet, encounters with operators in the sector and with consumers and the distribution of information material.